There are a lot of people in this world who suffer from erectile dysfunction. In fact as many as around 30 million people in the United States suffer from the problem of erectile dysfunction. And while one takes treatment for solving the problem of erectile dysfunction one will come across a lot of people who offer help. The following are the set of people who will help one in their treatment for recovery from erectile dysfunction:
- Urologist: These doctors specialize in the urinary tract problem treatments along with keeping a focus on the reproductive organs. In case of erectile dysfunction, the urologist is the most important person who actually might suggest the future course of treatment.
- Cardiologist: Erectile dysfunction goes hand in hand with the heart diseases. If one suffers from erectile dysfunction, it is likely that they might develop heart disease within the next two to three years. And the reason for this might be because in case of erectile dysfunction the arteries in the penis get blocked. And the same is the cause when it comes to heart diseases.
- Endocrinologist: Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction might also suffer from diabetes in the future. And this is the precise reason why this doctor forms a part of the team, as there is a high chance of visiting him if the erectile dysfunction problem is a serious one.
- Internist: An internist is actually a doctor who deals with internal medicine & specializes in the treatment and diagnosis of those diseases that don’t require any form of surgery. This doctor can help in the diagnosis of medical problems associated with impotence
- Alternative medicine practitioner: An alternative medicine practitioner is a health professional who is trained in alternative & complementary approaches, like herbal supplements, biofeedback or acupuncture, and may help one find non-traditional way to treat their erection dysfunction problem.
- Pharmacist: A pharmacist is a trained professional who takes around seven years of education specializing in pharmacy. He is the one who prepares the medications which the doctor prescribes. And a pharmacist will always have answers to the questions regarding medicines and they can even suggest alternate brands for the existing medicines.
- Psychotherapist: A psychotherapist is an absolutely crucial figure when it comes to getting people out of depression. Due to erectile dysfunction, there is a high probability that men would feel low and depressed. It is this depression that psychotherapist can take care of and instill the confidence in people. They can take care of all the mental & emotional issues and also suggest solutions to get out of it.
- Sexuality educator, therapist or counselor: These therapists and counselors help one develop or learn newer approaches to one’s sexual relationship. These people have a master’s degree in the specialized training for sex therapy.
- Personal trainer: A personal trainer is a certified professional who can work along with you and help you develop goals so as to ensure you lose your weight through regular sessions. Obesity is linked to erectile dysfunction and with the help of trainers; one can reduce their problem of erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction can be a result of several causes and hence their treatment differs from person to person. The treatment team too changes according to the problem.